An air conditioning system is an important addition to ensure that you enjoy indoor air quality during the hot months.
How Does AC Work?
Air conditioners help remove heat and humidity from the air inside the home and redistribute cool air. The air conditioner draws the warm air in via the vent, then circulates it over a cold evaporator coil that cools the air.
A fan then blows the cold air back into the home. The AC has a refrigerant that absorbs heat from the passing air and transfers it outside through the condenser.
Why Is It Important To Have An AC?
– Better air quality. Since the air conditioner removes heat and humidity from the air indoors, it makes it cool and clean. The filters in the AC also help trap pollutants like mites, dust, and pollen, reducing the chances of allergies, asthma attacks, or worsened respiratory diseases.
– Prevents mold, mildew, and insects from breeding. Moisture and heat make the perfect environment for insects and mold, which is less likely to happen after the AC removes the two agents.
– Better sleep. Sleeping in a hot and humid environment is hard, and you are more likely to wake up in the middle of the night.
Why Does AC Get Dirty?
It is normal for your air conditioner to get dirty because the filter traps pollutants like pet dander, pollen, and dust as air passes through. However, if you notice that it’s getting dirt faster, it could be that you have more people visiting your home, had construction recently in or near your home, it is shedding season for your pets, or the AC fan is always on.
How to Check If My AC Needs To Get Cleaned?
Having a dirty AC means that you might still experience hot and humid air even when it’s on. Some signs that you need to clean it include:
– External vents are covered in mold and mildew.
– Huffing, rattling, and wheezing noises.
– A pungent smell coming from the AC.
– Increased electricity bills.
– You have not cleaned it for the time indicated by the manufacturer.
Tips for Maintaining an AC System
Proper maintenance is essential for optimum performance and increased lifespan. To maintain your AC:
– Clean or change your filters often.
– Clean the coils.
– Have a programmable thermostat.
– Schedule regular maintenance with professionals.
Get High Quality HVAC Services in Toronto
Aire One Heating and Cooling services in Toronto are among the best. Having been operating for 29 years with 153 trucks on the road, we guarantee you timely and high-quality services for your AC in Toronto.
Call or email us today for HVAC installation, replacement, repair, maintenance, or emergency services!