There are many obvious benefits to cleaning just about anything, and that is especially true for the HVAC system in your home. Many people overlook the importance of regular cleaning of their air ducts because it’s not particularly the first thing that they see every day, nor is it the surface they eat on. However, your HVAC system is probably the most used equipment in your home. After all, it does have a lot to do with the quality of the air you breathe and the overall comfort of your home.
It’s simple, things get dirty over time. Airborne particles, dust, dirt, allergens and chemicals are pulled through the HVAC system each day and as much as the filter works to retain most of these particles, some still make their way through the air ducts. Did you know that dirt and dust trapped in your HVAC system can be recirculated through your home 5-7 times a day? No wonder allergies aren’t getting any better.
A good tip to remember is to check your filter at least once a month. This way you are able to determine the level of dirtiness, especially during months of heavy use. An unchanged, dirty filter slows down your HVAC system and makes it work harder to ventilate air through your home. This not only wastes household energy and causes higher utility bills, but can lead to decreased air quality filled with allergens or microbacterial agents and can ultimately cause damage and repairs or system failure.
However, it’s important to note that filters can only go so far, they do not catch everything. Ducts harbour and collect dust and allergens that air filters cannot deter. To prevent build-up over time, it’s no secret that HVAC systems and ducts need to be kept clean. It is important to regularly schedule an HVAC system cleaning. We can determine the severity and length of cleaning based on a thorough inspection, air quality test and the type of requirements your system needs based on the manufacturer’s model.
Here’s what you can expect from Aire One’s HVAC cleaning service:
- Access ports or doors to allow the entire system to be cleaned and inspected.
- Inspects system before cleaning to verify there are no asbestos-containing materials in the heating and cooling system. (*Asbestos-containing materials require special procedures, it should not be removed except by specially trained and equipped contractors.)
- Uses vacuum equipment that exhausts particles outside of the home or use only high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) vacuuming equipment if the vacuum exhausts inside the home.
- Protect flooring or carpet and household furnishings during cleaning.
- Use well-controlled brushing of duct surfaces with contact vacuum cleaning to dislodge dust and other particles.
- Use soft-bristled brushes for fibreglass duct board and sheet metal ducts internally lined with fiberglass.
- Additional care is given to protect household’s ductwork, including sealing and re-insulating any access holes, so they are airtight.
- Follow best practices and cleaning standards for HVAC systems and ducts containing fiber glass lining or constructed of fiberglass duct board.
Improve the air quality of your home! Get a professional to come in every month and perform HVAC cleaning to help keep the air in your house purified and keep dirt away from potentially damaging the entire system. If the inside of your system and ducts becomes dirty, we can help. We offer full system and duct cleaning. Contact Aire One for more information and to book your HVAC cleaning.