At Aire One Heating and Cooling, HVAC services in Ontario, we know poorly functioning air conditioners are more than annoying; they lack performance, increase use of energy, and repair costs. Fortunately, maintaining your unit is fast and easy.
Replace Your Air Filter
Your air conditioner’s air filter keeps pollen, dust, and other contaminants outside. When the air filter is becoming full, air has difficulty passing through it. Your air conditioner may then develop one or more of the following:
- The blower fan motor must work harder, and require more frequent service or replacement.
- The evaporator coil can freeze if a blocked filter limits the amount of warm air entering the unit. If this happens, your unit will stop working.
- Poor airflow through the filter can make it impossible for your air conditioner to cool your entire space uniformly.
- The air filter itself can become a breeding ground for mold and mildew, as the pent up particles accumulate excess moisture.
To prevent these problems, check your air filter at the beginning of summer and once a month. If it’s dirty, replace it.
Clean Your Outdoor Unit
While the inside unit of your air conditioner provides cold air for your comfort, its outdoor unit removes hot air from your home. If this unit becomes blocked or dirty, energy bills can skyrocket because the unit must work much harder. Get your outdoor unit ready for summer with these easy steps:
- Remove any shrubs or other tall plants within three feet of the unit.
- Put on gloves and pull any large debris, such as leaves or sticks, from the unit’s coils.
- Gently rinse any visible dirt from the coils using a garden hose sprayer set to low.
Call A Professional
A professional maintenance visit Aire One Heating and Cooling, HVAC, services in Ontario, is the best way to get your air conditioner ready for summer. With over 30 years of experience, we’re able to optimize performance and spot any issues before they become significant problems. Contact us today to schedule a maintenance appointment and get ready to feel your best this summer.